These Chocolate Blueberry Muffins are not too sweet, yet still have a deep chocolate flavor ,and they are studded with juicy blueberries to boot!
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons natural
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) soft unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup cold sour cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two muffin pans or line with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla, banana, and sour cream.
- Gently mix in most of the dry ingredients, then mix the chocolate chips and blueberries with the remaining dry ingredients and add to the batter, stirring gently until well incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins and bake for about 30 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Keep in mind that the blueberries will be kind of gooey, even after the muffins are done.
- k to cool completely.