A delicious cream cheese filling inside the a chocolate cake.
- 3/4 pkg. (8 oz.) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate (6 oz.), divided
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup icing sugar, divided
- 125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cake:
- Spray 15x10x3/4-inch pan with cooking spray. Line with waxed paper; spray with additional cooking spray.
- Microwave 3 oz. chocolate and butter in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Microwave 3 oz. chocolate and butter in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add granulated sugar; mix well. Beat eggs in large bowl with mixer on high speed 3 min. or until thickened. Blend in chocolate mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup flour and baking soda; beat just until blended. Add remaining flour alternately with water, beating well after each addition. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 min. or until top of cake springs back when touched; sprinkle with 1/4 cup icing sugar. Immediately invert cake onto clean towel; remove pan.
- Carefully peel off paper. Starting at one short side, roll up cake and towel together; cool completely on wire rack. Filling:
- Beat cream cheese and remaining icing sugar in medium bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups Cool Whip. Roll Cake
- Unroll cake carefully; remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture onto cake, completely covering top of cake.
- Roll up cake; place, seam-side down, on platter.
- Microwave remaining chocolate and Cool Whip in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 min. Cool 2 min.
- Spread onto cake. Refrigerate 1 hour.
If your cake cracks when rolled, do not worry the chocolate frosting will cover any cracks.