Double chocolate caramel fudge brownie with pecans. WHAT A TREAT!!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11.5 or 12 oz) semisweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 14 oz (390 grams) caramels, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch hanging of the sides.
- a small saucepan, heat caramels and milk over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and smooth.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs. Stir in flour, cocoa and salt until well blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chunks and 1 cup of the pecans. Spoon and spread batter in pan.
- Gently and evenly drizzle caramel over batter to prevent large pockets of caramel and to prevent caramel from reaching bottom of bars. (Caramel can cover entire surface of batter.)
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
- In small saucepan, melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chunks with oil over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over warm brownies. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans; press in lightly.
- Cool for 20 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into squares. If refrigerated longer, let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving