Enjoy chocolate and tequila in a single glass. Both tequila and orange juice are natural companions to chocolate. This Cocktail goes beyond simply drinking spiked chocolate.
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 cup ice
- 1 ounce cream
- Splash of fresh orange juice
- Splash of fresh lime juice
- Dash chocolate bitters
- Garnish: sugar and cocoa powder (for rim)
Rim a margarita glass:
- mixing equal parts of sugar and cocoa powder in a small dish until it becomes a consistent brown color.
- wet the rim with a piece of citrus fruit by running it around the edge. Roll the wet rim in the cocoa sugar to get an even coat all the way around. Tap off any excess. Chocolate Margarita:
- In a blender, add the ice, tequila, chocolate liqueur, cream, and bitters. Squeeze in a splash each of orange and lime juices. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared glass.