These easy, no baked Chocolate Covered Banana Bread Truffles make a great dessert for your summer parties.
- 14 ounce box banana quick bread mix
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounce bag good quality bittersweet chocolate morsels
- In a large mixing bowl mix quick bread mix, butter, milk and vanilla with an electric mixer until well blended and you can form a ball with the dough, about 3 minutes.
- Form tablespoon size balls with mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or insert a toothpick into the center and place toothpick into a piece of styrofoam.
- Place truffles in the refrigerator until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Using a double boiler melt chocolate or place in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Dip truffles in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place back on baking sheet or on styrofoam.
- arefully remove truffles from toothpick. Place a small dab of chocolate into the hole where toothpick was removed. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet until remaining chocolate hardens.
- Use the same method with milk and white chocolat.