Delicious Chocolate and hazelnut pie. rich smooth chocolate with hazelnut crunchiness.
- Pie dough For the filling:
- 85g blanched hazelnut
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 100g butter
- splash Frangelico liqueur
- 1 egg and 3 egg yolks
- Heat oven to150C ( 300F).
- Line the case with baking parchment and baking beans, then bake for 10 mins. Remove beans and cook for another 10 mins until golden.
- Toast the nuts in a dry pan until starting to brown. Scatter over 4 tbsp of sugar, cook until it caramelises, then tip nuts onto a baking tray lined with parchment. Leave to cool, then roughly chop.
- Melt the chocolate, butter and alcohol together over a pan of barely simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Over the same pan, beat the egg, yolks and remaining sugar until pale and fluffy. Take off the heat, then fold in the chocolate mix.
- When case is cooked, remove from oven and turn the heat down to 275F (140C/gas )
- Spread half of the chocolate mixture in bottom of cooled crust.
- Scatter most of the hazelnuts over it. Spoon remaining chocolate filling over nuts.
- Cook the tart for 15-20 mins until the chocolate has almost set.
- Leave to cool, Pipe whipped cream over top of cooled tart then serve scattered with the remaining nuts.