This delicious chocolate cake covered in Maltesers will impress all of your guests.
- 8 Eggs, Separated
- 11oz (320g) of Suga
- 1/4 a cup (85g) of Malt Extract
- 14oz (400g) of Softened Butter
- 14oz (400g ) of Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- Chocolate Ganache
- 2 x 360g / 12.5oz boxes of Maltesers
- Place the Egg Whites into a large bowl and use an electric mixer to whisk to soft peaks.
- Add in a quarter of the sugar and whisk for a few seconds, add another quarter of the sugar and mix until you have stiff shiny peaks. Set to one side.
- In another bowl place the butter and the rest of the sugar and using the hand whisk mix together until light and fluffy.
- Pour in the malt extract and the vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add the egg yolks and whisk together until completely combined.
- Place the flour and salt into a sieve and sift onto the egg and butter mixture, gently fold into the batter until fully incorporated.
- Add half the egg white mixture and start to mix in and then add the remaining egg whites and gently fold together until just mixed.
- Divide the mixture between the 2 hemisphere pans that you have greased and floured, level the tops and place into a preheated oven for 50 -55 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes and then trim the top of the spheres so they are nice and level.
- Turn the cakes out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Use some cooled ganache to sandwich the cakes together to form a ball. Place back into the fridge for an hour or so to set up. When you are ready to decorate the cake, gently warm your ganache a little so that you can pour it over the cakes.
- Pour the Ganache over the cake and allow to completely cover the sides. Once the ganache has stopped dripping move the cake to your presentation plate.
- Place the cake into the fridge to allow the ganache to slightly thicken before you then place the Maltesers all around the cake.
- Place the cake back into the fridge to set up.