A soft chocolate cake is soaked in tea, topped with marshmallow, and covered in a perfect chocolate glaze , amazing dessert!
For The Chocolate Sponge:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup or 1½ stick (190 g) butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup milk Marshmallaw Topping:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1½ cup sugar Chocolate Glaze:
- 3 oz chocolate 100 g,
- 3 oz vegetable fat or margarine 100 g
- optional: 2-3 drops vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Add, one by one, 4 egg yolks. Beat in milk.
- Add flour mixture. Mix just until incorporated (do not overmix).
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13" (23x33 cm) cake pan and bake for 18-20 minutes in preheated 350 F (175 C) oven.
- Combine tea with rum and pour over hot cake. MARSHMALLOW TOPPING:
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add sugar and beat some more.
- Put mixture over double boiler and cook, stirring, for about 4-5 minutes. The mixture should be hot, but egg whites shouldn't curdle
- Pour the mixture over cake and smooth the surface with spatula. Let cool. CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- Melt vegetable fat and chocolate (and oil, if you want to make your glaze shiny ( using double boiler or microwave, both work perfectly)
- Whisk until smooth and pour over cake. Let cool.