A lovely rich filling in a crisp pastry case. Simple and easy to make recipe. Serve with whipped cream or ice-cream and you have a wonderful decadent dessert.
Use tart pans to make the pie shells.
Pie Crust :
- 125 g Unsalted Butter softened
- 90 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Plain Flour Chocolate Orange Filling:
- 150 ml Double Cream
- 150 g dark chocolate Premium
- Orange Zest of 1 large Orange
- Orange Juice of 1 large Orange
- 1 tbsp Orange liqueur Cointreau
- Icing Sugar to dust tart for serving
- Beat butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg into mixture and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add flour and mix through until well combined.
- Bring dough ball together, remove from bowl and knead lightly. Roll into a ball.
- Wrap in cling wrap and place in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Roll out pastry with a rolling pin and then use the pastry to line the individual tart pans. Note: use 10cm loose base tart pans
- Place tart pans in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow pastry to firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line pastry pans with foil and fill with baking beads. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove foil and baking beads. Return pastry pans to the oven and cook a further 5 minutes. Chocolate Orange Filling:
- Add dark chocolate, double cream and orange zest to a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan heating water on high heat.
- Stir mixture until chocolate melts and stir through until well combined.
- Remove from heat and add liqueur and orange juice and stir through until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into the individual pie shells and leave at room temperature to cool.
- Store in refrigerator to firm up the chocolate filling.
- Serve and Ejoy!