Chocolate fudge cake mix, creamy peanut butter, chocolate ganache. what else can I say about this masterpiece crowd-pleasing poke cake.
- 1 box devil's food cake, plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 c. peanut butter, melted
- 1 c. chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 c. Reese's Pieces Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 oz chocolate chips (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 8 oz heavy cream Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tub Cool Whip
- 1 11.75 oz jar Hot fudge sauce - reserve 1/4 cup for drizzling
- 10 mini Reese's Cups, halved
- 1/4-1/2 cup Reese's Mini's
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9"-x-13" pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake batter according to package instructions and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cake cool completely. Make ganache:
- Measure and weigh chocolate chips, set aside. Heat cream in a small saucepan until very hot, not boiling. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Stir mixture starting at the center outward until it is smooth, velvety and well mixed. Let ganache cool for about 10-15 minutes so it can thicken up a bit.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over cake.
- Pour chocolate ganache making sure to fill all holes. It's ok if they aren't filled all the way to the top. Heat up 3/4 of the jar of hot fudge sauce until it is pour able. Pour over the cake and spread until you have an even layer. Allow cake to cool completely until it comes to room temperature. Make frosting:
- whip cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and salt until smooth and no lumps remain. Add in powdered sugar slowly until combined. Add thawed Cool Whip last and beat on high for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Once cake is completely cooled, spread frosting on, drizzle top with reserved 1/4 cup of hot fudge.
- Keep cake refrigerated and set out on counter 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!