Super easy Chocolate strawberry roll cake. A Chocolate sponge cake filled with lighter than air cream and diced fresh strawberries.
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 oz (28 grams) grated dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 to 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- Line a 15X11" jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Grease the top with bakers spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs and the sugar. Start on low speed and slowly increase to the highest speed and keep mixing for 3-4 minutes on high or until the eggs thicken and are pale in color.
- With a spatula fold in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and grated chocolate.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan and bake for 6-7 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the pan cool for 1 minute.
- Invert cake onto the clean towel and gently remove the parchment paper. Roll up the cake with towel starting from the short side.
- When the cake is cold, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks. Add the 2 tbsp of sugar and continue whipping until firm peaks.
- Unroll the cake. Spread the cream evenly all over the cake. Sprinkle with the diced strawberries.
- Roll the cake again, this time without the towel. Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle some powder sugar on top and cut in thin slices. Enjoy!