An easy tiramisu for chocolate lovers that is made with layers of mascarpone cream, chocolate ganache, and ladyfingers dipped in hot chocolate. This chocolate version is the best for people who don’t like coffee desserts.
For Chocolate Syrup:
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powde
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons chocolate liqueur or brandy, (optional) For The Chocolate Ganache:
- 100 g/3.5 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (120 ml) heavy cream For The Filling:
- 1 cup (227 g/8 oz) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- ⅓ cup (65 g/2.5 oz) granulated sugar
- about 200g/7 oz (18-24 units) ladyfingers
- cocoa powder or grated chocolate, to sprinkle on top
- In a small bowl, combine hot water, cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, and liqueur. Set aside to cool slightly. Chocolate ganache:
- Place chopped chocolate and cream in a medium heat-proof bowl. Carefully microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until melted. Set aside to cool slightly. Filling:
- In a large bowl, place mascarpone and vanilla extract and whisk vigorously until creamy and smooth (there’s no need to use the mixer for this).
- In a different mixer bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk together heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone in 2 additions until mixture is smooth. Assemble tiramisu:
- Dip ladyfingers very quickly (less than a second) into the chocolate syrup. Break each one into 4 pieces and place them at the bottom of the glasses (you don’t have to use all 4 pieces at once; it depends on the size of the glass.)
- Spoon a dollop of the mascarpone cream mixture on top.
- Add a thin layer of chocolate ganache, about 1-1.5 teaspoons, on top of the mascarpone cream.
- Repeat once more and finish with another layer of mascarpone cream.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder or grated chocolate.( optional)
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours until set. Enjoy.