Chocolate truffles are a delicious treat in any day of the year and a sweet gift in special occasions. Surprisingly, they are super easy to make. Easy recipes like this one are the best to let your kids be my cooking assistants.
- 8 ounces ( about 225g) Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut , chopped almonds ( any desired nuts) or cocoa power
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer. Add the butter and stir until melted. Add the white chocolate. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a shallow bowl.
- cover, and refrigerate the mixture until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, roll the mixture into 1" balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut, nuts, or cocoa powder.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.