Dairy-free delightful treat. A moist chocolate cupcakes topped with rich chocolate glaze!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 16 muffin cups with foil liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk water, applesauce, oil, vinegar and vanilla until blended.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. If desired, stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and cream; cook and stir over low heat 3-5 minutes or until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Cool at room temperature until glaze is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Dip tops of cupcakes into glaze, Enjoy!