A magnificent Chocolate Cream Pie. Chocolate crust filledwith creamy, soft, delicate, chocolate custard filling.
- Chocolate Dough The Filling:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 5-6 sliced strawberries for topping ( optional )
- 1/2 cup of crushed hazelnuts for topping ( optional )
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Press pie crust into a pie plate. Chill for 10 minutes in the freezer or 30 minutes in the refrigerator, then poke it several times all over the bottom and sides with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until slightly puffed and no longer glossy. Cool completely before filling. The filling:
- Whisk sugar, salt, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and milk in a medium saucepan, then switch to a wooden spoon or heat-safe spatula. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and chocolate chips; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Pour into prepared crust.
- Cool at room temperature, then cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill at least for 4 hours .
- Top with the sliced strawberries and crushed hazelnuts. Enjoy!