Chocolate crust with chocolate orange fliing. A perfect dessert for a dinner party .
For The crust:
- Chocolate Dough For the Filling:
- 3 oranges, juiced – plus zest of 1 orange
- 35g orange jelly crystals
- 50g caster sugar
- 5 eggs – 3 separated and 2 whole
- 400g premium dark cooking chocolate
- 300g unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 200oC (conventional – 180oC for fan forced).
- Heat orange juice in a saucepan over medium heat, add jelly crystals to dissolve. Stir in orange zest once cooled.
- Place crust pastry into a greased 24cm tart tin, and pierce base with a fork.
- Blind bake pastry for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once pastry has cooled pour in jelly and refrigerate until set, at least 1 ½ hours.
- Melt chocolate in double-boiler over medium heat. Add butter and stir until melted. Divide into two portions.
- In a separate bowl whisk sugar, three egg yolks and two whole eggs until fluffy and thickened. Add one half of the chocolate butter mixture and combine well. Pour evenly over jelly, chill until set for about 1 hour.
- Once tart is set, pour remaining chocolate butter mixture onto top of tart. If chocolate has hardened, reheat to a spreadable texture.
- Finish with orange zest on top