These double chocolate cookies are here to fill that gap and are everything holiday cookies should be. Double the dose of chocolate and cooling peppermint flavor in every bite of this chewy cookie.
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- 2 candy canes or peppermint candies, crushed for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Set a medium bowl with the 2 cups chocolate chips over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until melted and smooth.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, espresso powder and salt.
- the bowl of a stand mixer or another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale, about 2-3 minutes on medium high. Beat in the vanilla and peppermint extract until combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Beat in the melted chocolate. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and peppermint crunch baking chips.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, roll out doughs into balls and place on baking sheet.
- ke cookies until cracked all over, about 9 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Enjoy!