Rich and chocolatey muffins with a deep chocolate flavor. Perfect for breakfast, snacks, or dessert!
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (5 1/4 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F(190C).
- Spray standard muffin tin with non-stick pan spray.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into medium bowl; set aside. In large bowl, whisk sugar with eggs until light, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in oil, milk, vanilla, and espresso until combined.
- Whisk dry mixture into wet mixture until just combined.
- Stir in 1 cup chips.
- Evenly divide batter between muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining chips. Bake until set, 17 to 19 minutes.
- Let muffins cool in pan 15 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and place on wire rack to cool.
- Optional: dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!