Say no more to the sugary, high in calories and fat Nutella. And treat your family with a healthy homemade organic alternative. With this recipe you would be able to make a homemade delicious Nutella. Enjoy!
- 2 cups raw unsalted hazelnuts
- 2.5 ounces canola oil
- 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place hazelnuts on baking sheet in a single layer. Place on center rack of oven for about 12 minutes.
- At which point, the nuts' skins will crack and begin to slough off. While still warm, place nuts on clean a dishtowel; fold the corners to form a bundle.
- Grasp with one hand to seal, while rolling the nuts from side to side. The friction generated from the application of gentle pressure causes the skin to fall off, about 2 minutes.
- Add nuts to food processor in small batches. Scraping down the side of the container as you go.
- Whiz until nuts are ground while slowly adding canola oil, until a paste forms, about 5 minutes.
- Then add sugar, cacao powder, vanilla extract and salt.
- Whiz again until a thick chocolate-colored paste forms, about 2 minutes.
- Store nut spread in sealable glass jars and refrigerate.