This chocolate dessert called Chocolate Salami Rolls comes straight from Italy and is filled with the flavors of chocolate, pistachios, almonds and cranberries.
- 3 oz (85 gram) butter
- 7 oz (200 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 3,5 oz(100 g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 6 oz (170 g) digestives
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed nuts( hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios..)/cranberries. Toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Put the chocolate and butter into a bowl and melt over a pan of boiling water. Once melted set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix vanilla extract, sugar, brown sugar, egg and yolk. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Add crushed biscuits and chopped nuts to the chocolate mixture and stir with spatula until well combined.
- Leave to cool and thicken slightly.
- Place the mix on cling film and roll into a log shape. Twist the ends tightly and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Unwrap the log and coat with powdered sugar.
- Cut into slices and serve.