Chewy maraschino cherry chocolate chip cookies are easy to make. The touch of almond flavoring complements the cookie. Enjoy.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2–3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries chopped
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- With a mixer beat butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in almond extract and powdered sugar.
- Turn mixer to stir or low and slowly add flour mixing in until incorporated. Mix in maraschino cherry juice and maraschino cherries. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper, press gently to flatten the balls a little.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing cookies. Enjoy!