Moist, rich, and delicious dark chocolate cake that’s perfect for the Holidays, or any other occasion!
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong black coffee, cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract Frosting:
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes Frosting:
- Soften the coconut oil over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Let stand for a few minutes to thicken.
- Frost cake.