These bars have three different layers that are easy and fast to come together. If you’re craving a sweet, nutty, gooey dessert, these are just the thing!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans FOR THE FILLING:
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract FOR THE TOPPING:
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
TO MAKE THE CRUST:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the salt and gradually add the flour, mixing just until combined. The mixture will be sandy but will hold together when pinched
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9″x 13″x 2″ pan. Sprinkle with the pecans. TO MAKE THE FILLING:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, and continue stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. TO MAKE THE TOPPING:
- Place the chocolate and corn syrup in a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Place the cream in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove the cream from the heat, and pour it over the chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then stir until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the bars. Garnish with chopped pecans. Allow the ganache to set (10-15 minutes) before cutting into bars.