Delicious S’mores Cookies! Made with graham crackers, chocolate chips, and marshmallows mixed into a cookie base.
- 5 ounces (142 g) graham crackers
- 1 3/4 cups (245 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, soften
- 3/4 cup (161 g) packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (12 ounces) roughly chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- About 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- Place the graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor. Process in pulses until the crackers are completely broken down into crumbs. OR Place the crackers in a zip-top plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer or in a stand mixer with a beater attachment, beat together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and softened butter on medium speed until combined and thick, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the two eggs and vanilla to the butter-sugar mixture and beat at medium speed until no clumps or streaks remain, 10 to 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters.
- Add the graham cracker and flour mixture all at once. Beat on low speed just until no more dry streaks of flour are visible, 20 to 40 seconds.
- Add all of the chocolate chips or chopped pieces, and beat on low speed for just a few seconds until incorporated.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beater. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375F:
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Line two baking sheet with silicon baking mats or parchment.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough out onto one of the baking sheet. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven. Gently press 3 to 4 mini marshmallows into the tops of each cookie.
- Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the marshmallows look like puff balls and are just starting to melt around the bottom. The marshmallows will continue to melt after the cookies come out of the oven.
- Let the cookies cool down then Transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.