These Snowy Chocolate Pine Cones are a fun treat for any holiday or winter themed party. They are pretty quick and easy to put to put together but delicious too!
- 3 cups Chex Chocolate cereal
- 6 pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix the peanut butter, Nutella, butter, and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Take a pretzel stick and mold some of the peanut butter mixture around it, forming a slight cone shape.
- Holding it steady by using the tip of the pretzel as a handle, start inserting pieces of cereal into the peanut butter mixture in a symmetrical pattern around the stick. Add more cereal pieces, staggering them as you move upward, until you get near the top.
- Cut several cereal pieces into triangles and add those to the top (most pinecone scales get smaller toward the end.)
- If your pinecone is getting too tall, cut off the top of the pretzel and add a dollop of peanut butter mixture to cover it. Insert a few more triangle pieces of cereal into the top of the pinecone.
- For a “snowy” effect, dust the pinecone with powdered sugar.