start your day with triple chocolate pancakes. Everybody will love this chocolatey morning dessert.
- 1 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/4 pastry wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 T. of flax meal
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 T. melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium large mixing bowl sift together the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together flax meal with the flour mixture.
- In a smaller mixing bowl whisk the egg and add the melted butter to the egg. Stir in the buttermilk and sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient and whisk until most of the big lumps are out. The batter will be thick and slightly lumpy.
- Heat a large griddle pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray or melt butter on top. Pour batter onto hot skillet into the size of pancakes you prefer, then add a few chocolate chips on top of each pancake.
- Watch carefully and when the sides begin to tighten up with a large spatula check the underside by lightly lifting one side up to check for a light brown color. About 2-3 minutes then flip over carefully and cook the remainder of the pancake for another 2-3 minutes until done.
- Serve with Chocolate ganache