This vegan gluten-free chocolate orange cake recipe is so rich, moist and decadent without containing any refined sugar. An amazing gift to make for your vegan friend.
For The Cake:
- 1/2 cup (75g) gluten-free flour
- 1/2 up (50g) ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (85g) polenta
- 1.5 cups (215g) soft dates
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (100ml) coconut oil, melted
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 flax eggs - 2 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 5 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 cup (120ml) almond milk For The Ganache:
- 10 ounces good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 ounces (1 cup) coconut cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180C,) fan assisted
- Make the flax eggs by mixing 2 tbsp flaxseed with 5 tbsp hot water. Leave to set for 15 minutes.
- Mix the flour, ground almonds, polenta, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the dates to a food processor and blend until you have a paste. ( You can add some of the milk to make the blending process smoother.)
- Add the date paste along with the milk, melted coconut oil and flax eggs, orange juice and zest to the flour mixture.
- Transfer into your cake tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Ganache:
- Heat your coconut cream in a small saucepan over medium low heat. ( You don’t want it to come to a boil nor burn your chocolate)
- Pour the heated coconut cream over the finely chopped chocolate and let it sit for two minutes.
- Stir the chocolate and coconut cream, folding them together. Keep stirring until the chocolate is melted. Assembly:
- Pour over the cake, untill it covers the whole cake.
- Sprinkle with the candied zest on top to fiish. Enjoy!