Dense, chewy and ultra-rich, blondies are the perfect decadent treat.
- 22 store-bought chewy caramels
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup (130g / 4.6oz) plain (all-purp) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100g / 3.5oz) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g / 3.5oz) light brown sugar, packed
- 113 g (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup macadamias, halved
- Stir the caramels and cream in a small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan forced. Line an 8x8 inch square baking tin with baking paper
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and both sugars in a bowl and mix well until there are no lumps left.
- Add the melted butter and mix a little to just combine. Lightly beat the eggs then add them to the batter and stir until fully combined and smooth.
- Finally add most of the macadamias (reserve a small handful) and most of the caramel (reserve 3 tablespoons) and mix until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the tin as evenly and level as possible. Scatter the macadamias over the top and 2 tablespoons of caramel (leaving just a little to drizzle over)
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is dry and golden. It should be soft to touch but no wobble left when you shake it.
- Cool in the tin for at least 45 minutes before removing and cutting into 16 pieces. Drizzle the remaining