If you like the peanut butter cups, you’d love these chocolate cashew butter cups with raspberry jam. Beautiful and tasty dessert; a perfect gift for Valentine’s day.
For the Raspberry Jam:
- 2 cup raspberries (fresh)
- 4 tsp agave
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- pinch sea salt
- 6 tbsp chia seeds For Chocolate Cashew Butter Filling:
- 3 cups raw cashews
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 8–10 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup For Chocolate cups:
- 16 oz dark chocolate, melted with 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt + crushed rose petals for topping
To make the raspberry Jam:
- Blend all ingredients except chia. Pour into a bowl and stir in chia seeds. Let refrigerate for 2 hours to thicken. To make the hocolate cashew butter:
- Add raw cashews to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until they reach a smooth consistency, frequently pausing to scrape down the sides.
- Add in remaining ingredients and continue to blend. The whole process may take up to 10 minutes of blending, so be sure your blender or food processor can handle the heat! Assembly:
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners.
- Chop dark chocolate bars and melt over double boiler with about 1 tbsp of coconut oil, stirring frequently. Alternatively, melt in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Spoon about 1 tsp of chocolate into each muffin tin. Be sure to coat the sides of each muffin tin – you can achieve this with a pastry brush. Let harden in fridge or freezer (about 10 mins).
- Once hardened, spoon in cashew butter to fill to halfway point. Then, add a small layer of chia jam, leaving space at the top to fill with remaining dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle with a touch of sea salt and return to refrigerator or freezer until completely hardened. Enjoy!