A traditional pudding with a rich and gooey centre. Make you own chocolate lava with this easy recipe.
- 250g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing moulds
- 5 eggs, plus 5 extra yolks
- 125g caster sugar
- 250g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- 50g plain flour
- 6 small pudding moulds
- Pre heated oven at 350F (180˚c)
- In a bowl beat together the eggs, yolks and sugar until pale.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and butter gently in a bowl set over a pan of hot water.
- Remove from the heat and slowly add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth. Carefully fold in the flour.
- Pour into pre buttered moulds before it begins to firm up.
- Allow to chill for 10 mins.
- Place it in the oven for 15mins, the centre should of domed up and feel dry.
- D ust with cocoa powder and serve with vanilla ice cream and berries ( optional); enjoy.