Crispier than your usual chewy Rice crispy. This recipe has no added sugar to it. Because this rice crispy treats recipe only uses four simple ingredients, be sure to choose a high-quality chocolate bar for the best flavor.
- 2 (3½-oz.) bittersweet chocolate bars, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 5½ cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Microwave chocolate and coconut oil in a large microwavable bowl on high, until melted and smooth, about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Let cool to room temperature. Transfer 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture to a small bowl, and set aside.
- Add cereal and salt to melted chocolate mixture, and stir to combine.
- Transfer cereal mixture to prepared pan, pressing evenly with a flat-bottomed measuring cup. Drizzle with reserved melted chocolate mixture.
- Freeze until set, about 20 minutes. Before serving, let stand until room temperature.
- Cut into 12 bars. Store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Sponsored Stories