Make your own Crunch Bars at home. Easy recipe your kids can help you with it!
- 8 cups milk chocolate
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 box crisped rice cereal
- Prepare a half sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt milk chocolate with the butter in a bowl over a double-boiler until almost fully melted, stirring to heat evenly.
- Ensure the mixture is smooth and there are no chunks of chocolate left. Let cool slightly, then fold in all of the crisped rice cereal until evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared sheet tray and spread into an even layer, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Let the chocolate set in the refrigerator until firm to the touch, about 30 minutes. Transfer the chocolate to a cutting board.
- Run a sharp chef’s knife under hot water, dry with a towel, then slowly cut into the chocolate. The heat from the knife should melt the chocolate and allow for clean cutting. Cut into desired shapes/sizes.
You can add more crisped rice cereal depending on your taste.