Champurrado is a deliciously thick and creamytraditional masa-based Mexican Hot Chocolate. It’s served most often at Christmas time.
- 1 cup Masarica
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (8 oz) brown sugar
- 3 oz Mexican chocolate, chopped (Abuelita)
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Add Masarica to large, heavy saucepot. Using whisk, slowly add 4 cups water, whisking constantly until smooth and combined.
- Place saucepot over medium-high heat; bring Masarica mixture to boil.
- Add milk, sugar cane, chocolate and cinnamon to pot. Bring milk mixture to boil, whisking constantly, until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved
- Remove pot from heat. Divide champurrado evenly among serving mugs.