Chocolate Caramel Marshmallows are outstanding little two-bite sized dessert, a perfect sweet treat to add to any dinner or party!
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 large bag (16 oz.) caramel bits
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk or half-and-half
- 1 bag chocolate coating disks
- Pop sticks
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and lightly spray with Pam or a light layer of room temperature butter. Wipe off excess.
- Put a pop stick straight down into each marshmallow.
- Melt caramel with milk over a double boiler and roll each marshmallow in it.
- Place each caramel covered marshmallow on the waxed paper. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes (or in the freezer for about 15 minutes).
- Melt the dipping chocolate either in a large bowl in the microwave or over the double boiler. Dip and roll each marshmallow completely in the chocolate. Before the chocolate on the marshmallows sets, roll in your choice of coating and place on the waxed paper to set.
- Let harden at room temperature. May be stored at room temperature.
Tip: Grease the waxed paper or the caramel will stick badly to it.