Impress your family and friends with this Homemade Twix Bars. They taste bette than the twix you buy and are way healthier. A buttery shortbread cookie layer, topped with gooey caramel and finished off with a coating of smooth, creamy chocolate. Enjoy!
For Shortbread Layer:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour For Caramel Layer:
- 2 cups caramel candies
- 3 tablespoons half and half For Chocolate Layer:
- 2 (16 oz.) packages Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Spray a 9″ x 13″ pan lightly with cooking spray (parchment paper works fine as well)
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the flour. Mix until well combined.
- Take the dough and press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Prick the crust all over with a fork. The holes allow the steam to escape and the crust will bake evenly with fewer bubbles.
- Bake the crust until the edges are golden brown, about 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately run a knife around the edges to loosen the crust. Set aside to cool completely. The Caramel Layer:
- Melt the caramel and cream over low heat in a small saucepan. ( About 8 mins)
- Spread the caramel evenly over the cooled crust. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill and firm up. The Chocolate Layer:
- After the caramel layer has chilled, Cut to 24 bars.
- Melt chocolate CandQuik in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray according to package directions; using two utensils, dip the chilled bars into melted chocolate and place on wax paper to set.