Check this out! the chewy Paleao chocolate chip cookies are not just healthy, they are gluten free, dairy free and vegan too! A great option when you have diffent guests and you want to please all; and they are healthy!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil solid but softened
- 1/4 cup smooth nut butter almond
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp pure maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg = 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 2 1/2 Tbsp water. allowed to sit 15 minutes
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare your flax egg as described above and set aside.
- Whisk together the almond and arrowroot flours, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl with an electric mixer or whisk, cream together the nut butter and coconut oil until smooth, then add the maple syrup, maple sugar, and vanilla, continue to mix until very smooth.
- Add in the flax egg and continue to whisk (or beat on low) until fully combined. Slowly mix in the flour mixture (with a spoon) until a sticky cookie dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then chill the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes if the dough is very sticky. If it's scoopable, there's no need to chill.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop the mixture onto a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart since they will spread a bit.
- ake in the preheated oven for 11-12 minutes or until cookies are set in the center and beginning to brown around the edges. They will be very soft but don’t over-bake to maintain a chewy texture.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.