Chocolate Toffee Bars are a fantastic dessert filled with gooey, flavor-packed layers that will melt in your mouth.
- 1 cup (226 g) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (187 g) all-purpose flour TOPPING:
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup (56 g) butter
- 1 cup (175 g)mini milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (175 g) heath toffee bits
FOR THE BASE:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and flour until well blended and mixture sticks together well.
- Press into 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 20-22 min or until slightly golden.
- Cool while preparing the next topping. FOR THE TOPPING:
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat sweetened condensed milk and butter, stirring constantly for 5-10 min or until thickened.
- Spread over the cooled base layer.
- Bake again at 350°F for 10-12 min or until slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake for 2 minutes longer or until chocolate is shiny and soft
- Remove from the oven. Spread chocolate evenly with a small offset spatula and then sprinkle toffee bits on top.
- Cool and cut into bars.