Light and fluffy vanilla cake filled with White Chocolate ganache and rasberry jam.
- 225g butter, at room temperature
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder For The Filling
- 750g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) pure (thin) cream
- 1/2 cup (165g) good-quality raspberry jam
To Make The Sponge Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 2 x deep, 20cm round cake tins.
- Beat butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until pale.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and beat until just combined
- Divide the mixture between prepared tins and bake for 15-20 mins until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack before assembling. To Make Ganache:
- Place the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water), stirring until smooth and melted.
- Remove bowl from heat and cover with plastic wrap. Chill, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours or until it reaches a thick spreadable consistency.
- Use 1/3 of the ganache for the filling . (The remaining ganache would be used to ice the cake) To Assemble:
- To assemble the cake, trim the top of the cooled cakes to level, then slice each cake in half horizontally.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate, and spread with one-third of the ganache filling, then top with 2 tbs jam. Repeat layering two more times, finishing with a final layer of cake.
- Using a palette knife, spread remaining ganache icing over the top and sides of the cake. Decorate the cake with freeze-dried raspberries, then serve.