Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake is known as “cake without eggs. This cake is moist and has a nice light chocolate taste.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or other extract
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk cream or water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift or whisk together flour, baking soda and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together water, sugar, mayonnaise, eggs (optional) and vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition. Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing while you add them.
- Pour into prepared 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Allow to cool completely. Frosting:
- ace butter and shortening into a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer. Whip until blending thoroughly.
- Add vanilla, melted semi-sweet chocolate and powdered sugar, mix. If needed, slowly add additional heavy cream, milk or water until the frosting is a spreadable or pipe-able consistency.
- Frost the cake