What’s better than eating chocolate cake for breakfast. This chocolate muffins recipe is very tasty one and kids love these muffins for sure. This is nutritious too because of the ingredients we use to make these muffins.
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- Preheat oven to 400ºF ( 200°C)
- In large bowl using a mixing spoon, mix sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Gently stir until just barely mixed. Batter does not need to be completely smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans prepared with liners. Divide batter between 6 jumbo muffin tins or 12 standard muffin tins.
- Top muffins with a few extra chocolate chips, press them slightly into the batter.
- Jumbo Muffins: Bake at 400ºF for 10 mins then decrease temperature to 350ºF (175°C) and bake for 15-17 more min.
- Standard Muffins: Bake at 400ºF (200°C) for 8 mins then decrease temperature to 350ºF (175°C) and bake for 8-10 more mins.
- Allow muffins to cool on a rack completely before transferring to an airtight container.