Easy and chocolaty pie crust.
- 1-1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick ice-cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- Combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt and butter into a food processor and pulse until it's crumbly.
- add one tablespoon of the water at a time (about 2-3 total tablespoons) pulsing after each addition until it forms in to large clumps and resembles coarse wet sand.
- Form into a round disc and wrap into plastic wrap or place into a quart-size re-sealable bag. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let it rest.
- Roll out dough evenly. Carefully roll the dough around your rolling pin and carefully lay it over either a 9 inch pie plate or a round tart pan.