Fudge Waffles are the loved breakfast, loaded with rich chocolate flavor and topped with ice cream and fudge chocolate sauce!
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted
- butter, melted and cooled, or 1/4 cup
- vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup (4.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate mini-chips
- Oreos (crushed) , ice cream and chocolate sauce for the topping ( optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, butter and vanilla, and whisk until pale in color, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the buttermilk, then the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cook the waffles in a preheated greased waffle iron until done.
- Serve immeadiately with ice cream of your choice, oreos and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!