Rich, thick, and full of real chocolate. This hot chocolate isn’t for the faint of heart.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk in cornstarch until combined and melty. If you want the hot chocolate thicker, use the maximum amount of cornstarch.
- Add in milk and sugar. Increase the heat gradually to medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Mixture will start to thicken.
- Once the mixture begins to thicken, turn the heat down to low and add in the chocolate chips. Stir constantly until well melted.
- Serve hot or cold, still taste amazing.