chocolate fridge cake is a must-try treat. Turn yourbiscuits & chocolate into this easy homemade summer dessert!
- 28 oz (800g) tea biscuits or graham crackers
- 1 cup (100g) nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts), toasted, slightly chopped
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2/3 cup (150g) butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/2 cup (120 g) whipping cream
- 4 oz (120g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Break the biscuits (cookies) into small pieces into a large bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat and toast walnuts or hazelnuts for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to toast evenly. Add toasted nuts over the biscuits.
- In a medium sauce pan add sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and gradually add water, while stirring to combine well. Add the butter and place over medium heat.
- Bring to boil for about 7-8 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the biscuits and nuts and combine well using a large spatula or spoon. Transfer the mixture into a non-stick round cake ware.
- Press well using the back of the spoon or an offset spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Chocolate Ganache:
- Place cream into a small saucepan and heat until just begins to boil.
- Pour hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Pour ganache over the chocolate biscuit cake and refrigerate to set for about 3-4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Decorate with toasted nuts if desired, cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!