Round shortbread topped with caramel and milk chocolate. Easy and delicious summer dessert. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 15 oz caramel
- 2 cups milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix Cream butter and sugar together, then add your vanilla, flour and salt. Mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to ½ inch thick.
- To cut cookies you can use a biscuit cutter or I just used a small glass that was 2 inches wide.
- Place round cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Let cookies cool.
- Melt caramel and spread the caramel over the cooled cookies.
- Let caramel cool completely.
- Add your shortening into the chocolate chips and melt in the microwave.
- Spread melted chocolate over cooled caramel. Let chocolate set before serving. (Do not put in the refrigerator).